Turck's new LRS510 sensor family offers extensive analysis functions for challenging level applications in tanks and silos.
Disturbance factors such as dust, wind or light do not present a problem for robust free radiating LRS radar sensors for level measurement up to 10 meters
The IO-Link-capable radar sensors of the recently developed LRS Series complete Turck's portfolio for level measurement in the 0.35 to 10 meter range. The new devices with protection to IP67/69K are especially recommended for level applications in factory automation, in which optical or ultrasonic sensors are unsuitable due to disturbance factors such as dust, wind or light. The freely radiating LRS radar sensors also offer detailed analysis functions which were previously only possible in the high-end radar sensors used in the process industry.
- Cost-effective for challenging applications thanks to high-end analysis functions
- Problem solver when other sensor technologies reach their limits
- Fast commissioning via Turck Radar Monitor
- Maximum plant availability thanks to simple condition monitoring
Additional information facilitates condition monitoring
The absence of a metallic guide rod favours use in hygienic areas and simplifies commissioning. The touchpad of the LRS series with capacitive buttons and a translucent front cap is based on the same concept as Turck's Fluid 2.0 sensor platform, and enables the output of distance, level and volume values. The LRS sensors are available either with two switching outputs or with one switching and one analog output. Thanks to their additional IO-Link interface and intelligent decentralized signal preprocessing, all variants provide a large quantity of additional information for processing in condition monitoring applications in IIoT: besides signal strength, this includes temperature values, operating hours or switching cycles.
Radar monitor for detailed analyses
Users of Turck's IO-Link master can call up the Radar Monitor via the IODD configurator without any additional software. The browser-based configuration tool graphically displays the measurement curve of the sensor and offers plain text access to all relevant parameters. This makes it possible for example to mask out the interference signal of an agitator or grid, or to perfectly align with the real-time feedback of the sensor in order to maximize the reliability of level measurement in challenging applications.
- Mechanical and plant engineering
- Automotive industry
- Food and pharmaceutical industry (not in contact with media)
- Turck Radar Monitor offers deep real-time analysis function - with Turck IO-Link masters without additional software
- Uniform operating logic across the entire Fluid 2.0 family
- Measuring range 0.35m to 10m with narrow aperture angle
- Direct output of level or volume values