VOLVO INTRODUCES ITS FIRST-EVER ELECTRIC-ONLY TRUCK
With capacity for heavy loads and excellent visibility for the driver, FM Low Entry is optimized for safe and efficient driving in city areas.
Volvo Trucks’ latest addition to its electric truck program – Volvo FM Low Entry – is a heavy-duty truck specifically developed to handle a wide variety of transport assignments in city areas. It’s also the first truck model ever developed by Volvo which is available only with an electric drive.
The low driving position offers the driver excellent visibility and control of the surroundings. The good visibility of the FM Low Entry has earned it a five-star rating in the Direct Vision standard that rates heavy vehicles operating in London and comes into effect in the fourth quarter of 2024.
The Volvo FM Low Entry is very versatile and can be adapted to meet specific requirements of various transportation tasks, such as waste management, distribution and construction.
The truck is based on Volvo’s well-known FM model. The spacious cab has been lowered and moved forward, and the low instep and flat floor makes it easy to enter and exit the truck. These design features create an ergonomic, comfortable and efficient working environment for drivers in busy city locations.
Eight electric truck models
With this new all-electric city truck, Volvo now has a total of eight electric truck models in its range. In 2019 Volvo Trucks became the first global manufacturer to start series production of heavy electric trucks, and the company is aiming for 50% of global sales of new Volvo trucks to be electric in 2030.
The new FM Low Entry will initially be sold in Europe, Turkey, and South Korea.
Key Volvo FM Low Entry features:
- The visibility (with standard specification) fulfills the Transport for London 5-star Direct Vision Standard.
- The truck is equipped with Volvo Dynamic Steering system for effortless steering and reduced vibrations.
- Three seat options are available: Driver + 0, 1 or 3 passengers. With 3 passenger seats placed at the back of the cab, they are not in the view of the driver. This minimizes blind spots and contributes to excellent visibility.
- The many ergonomic features include a low instep, flat floor and well-positioned grab handles for easy and safe exit of the cab.
- The truck is available with Volvo’s new advanced Camera Monitor System.
- It’s available in two heights (standing): Sleeper cab (1575 mm) and Extended/High sleeper (1945 mm).
- Axle configurations available: 4X2, 6X2, 6X4, 8X2, 8X4
- GVW: 19-32 tonnes
- Motor: 330 kW
- Battery: 360 kWh (4 batteries)
- Range: up to 200 km (range depends on several parameters such as load weight, driving style, driving cycle, topography, temperature, etc.)
- Charging: 250 kW (DC), 43 kW (AC)
- Wheelbase: 3900-6000 mm